Documents and Workflows
What is document management. Why invest. Document management software applications.
We live in a world where all the important things are inscribed in documents.
- We are born and receive the first document: birth certificate.
- We finish school and receive a document: graduation certificate
- We are getting hired: work contract
- We're getting married: marriage license
- We start a business: company statute
- First collaboration: commercial contract
- First service: offer / quote / minutes
- First purchase: entry note / invoice
- First sale: invoice / shipping notice / voucher
- First collection: receipt
What is document management?
Document Management System (DMS) is the use of hardware (computer) and software (computer software) resources to archive, manage and track documents in electronic format as well as images of physical documents obtained through copiers (scanner).
The cost of document processing
The main cost in processing documents, and implicitly the information contained in them, is the cost of labor.
Documents must be printed, copied, cataloged, filed, physically transmitted and received, archived.
And, after everything went according to the procedure, the documents must be found ...
Add: storage space and furniture, bookshelves, folders, paper, printers, ink cartridges ...
Wasted time for:
- Searching for information available in the organization but unstructured and with limited access.
- Finding and processing documents in physical format.
- Editing documents in physical format.
- Copying documents.
- Designing, re-editing existing information.
- Moving documents in physical format to follow internal procedures. Example: processing a leave application.
- Collaborative use of documents and their unitary management.
- Loss of opportunities caused by long processing times of requests received from partners.
- Lack of information security.
- Organization, storage and archiving.
- Furniture, printers, paper, ink.
- Unskilled work performed by qualified employees.
- Stressed employees with low productivity.
Why use document management software
This translates either by reallocating the time gained to profit-generating activities, or by reducing the number of employees (lowering costs).
In the current situation, when remote work has become a habit, an electronic way to generate, access and distribute documents is an absolute necessity!
- Safety and security;
- Quick retrieval of documents;
- Decreasing the costs of printing documents;
- Decreased storage costs;
- Faster internal processes - shorter response times;
- Coordination between departments;
- Fast and standardized generation of documents based on templates;
- Simplified implementation of internal procedures - document flows;
Software apps for document management
A software program that focuses on the basics of document management, with added benefits. Optional workflow module.
In-Out Document Register
Any document can be added to the Electronic Register of Inputs - Outputs. It will receive a self-generated registration number as well as additional attributes.
Part of KeySoft TMS, KeySoft DMS is a solution for optimizing document management and automating internal processes.
Whether we like it or not, a minimal set of procedures must be implemented to optimize the activity. Easy to say...
There are some problems. First, the procedure must be designed - this is the most complicated part. Then, that procedure must be popularized, brought to the attention of employees. It must also be respected.
The flow module helps you graphically define procedures. In order to be informed and respected, it is enough for the employee to know where to find the menu entry to start a flow.